Just 4 Simple Steps on the journey to Unlock Your History
Scan & Submit
Approve & Pay
Get Your Key
SCAN & SUBMIT
Here are a few key scan tips:
- Get us a high resolution scan (300+ dpi 'dots per inch' is great but 200 dpi will generally do the job). Each scanner is different, but you should be able to adjust the resolution.
- Do a COLOR scan even if the original is black and white. It often helps with readability.
- A high-quality photo might work, but a good scan is better.
REVIEW FREE QUOTE
Your family document is unique, and so is each one of our quotes. You'll get your custom quote after roughly 5 days of sending us the scans of your family documents.
For pricing, we take into account lots of factors which include:
- LEGIBILITY - rough handwriting or printed
- LENGTH OF DOCUMENT - sometimes the more writing, the easier it is to make out an individual's quirks in handwriting
- COMPLEXITY- some content and graphics are easier for us than others. Items with many technical terms or abbreviations take more time. Contextual Notes might be more or less involved depending on your family document.
APPROVE & PAY
After you receive our quote, you can give us a "go-ahead" and pay right away or feel free to ask questions. We want to make sure that you are comfortable with your custom quote.
Your quote also includes how long you should expect before you receive your personal Journey Book!
We take all major credit cards.
Get Your Key!!!
Each Journey Book comes to you full of rich information to make your personal journey into your family past as meaningful as possible.
We include details on the original language - maybe it's German Kurrent, a Danish dialect or Renaissance-era English.
You get a side-by-side translation in a premium quality presentation.
We provide contextual notes so you have a better understanding of your family document. This could be details on the cities or towns mentioned, a tidbit on the kind of document or historical information.
You get both a physical Journey Book on acid-free, heavy-stock parchment paper as well as an electronic copy sent shortly thereafter. After all - we want you to share!